The chart above shows the number of Christmas trees produced by each state. Unfortunately, Christmas tree production in the EU is very skewed and thus the chart does not look like a tree. Oh well, it's the thought that counts. Denmark seems to be the Christmas tree behemoth in the EU.
- Denmark grows just under three-quarters of all the Christmas trees in the EU.
- Belgium grows just over one-tenth of all the Christmas trees produced in the EU.
- Only Denmark and Belgium produce more than one million Christmas trees.
- The smallest Christmas tree producing state, Slovakia, produces less than 0.01 percent of the total number of Christmas trees grown in the EU.
- The data is from 2017 except for Greece which is from 2015, and Hungary, Lithuania, Portugal, and Croatia which are from 2016.
- Bulgaria, Cyprus, Finland, and Malta had no data.
The Western EU dominates Christmas tree production.
The European Union in its entirety produces 10,367,011 Christmas trees for export within the EU, according to this data. No matter what state you're in, Merry Christmas!
Eurostat. 2018. "EU Trade in Fresh Christmas Trees." Accessed December 20, 2018. http://appsso.eurostat.ec.europa.eu/nui/show.do?query=BOOKMARK_DS-016890_QID_-C8752C7_UID_-3F171EB0&layout=PERIOD,L,X,0;REPORTER,L,Y,0;PARTNER,C,Z,0;PRODUCT,L,Z,1;FLOW,L,Z,2;INDICATORS,C,Z,3;&zSelection=DS-016890FLOW,2;DS-016890PARTNER,EU28_INTRA;DS-016890PRODUCT,06042020;DS-016890INDICATORS,SUPPLEMENTARY_QUANTITY;&rankName1=PARTNER_1_2_-1_2&rankName2=INDICATORS_1_2_-1_2&rankName3=FLOW_1_2_-1_2&rankName4=PRODUCT_1_2_-1_2&rankName5=PERIOD_1_0_0_0&rankName6=REPORTER_1_2_0_1&sortC=ASC_-1_FIRST&rStp=&cStp=&rDCh=&cDCh=&rDM=true&cDM=true&footnes=false&empty=false&wai=false&time_mode=NONE&time_most_recent=false&lang=EN&cfo=%23%23%23%2C%23%23%23.%23%23%23.