The chart above shows the total net worth of each EU state's billionaires. Germany is the only state whose billionaires have a total net worth of over $500 billion.
- The difference between the state with the highest total net worth, Germany, and the state with the lowest (that has billionaires), Hungary, is $577.6 billion.
- Germany has 526.09 times the billionaire net worth that Hungary does.
- The median net worth of billionaires in the 28 states is $11.55 billion and the mean $64.12 billion.
- The median net worth of billionaires in the 20 states that do have billionaires is $32.80 billion and the mean $89.77 billion.
- Bulgaria, Croatia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, and Slovenia do not have a single billionaire.
- Data is from 2018.
Just like Germany has nearly one-third (31.38%) of all the billionaires in the EU, its billionaires also have nearly one-third (32.23%) of the net worth of the EU's billionaires. Germany and France also have over half (50.08%) the net worth of the Union's billionaires.
Six states' billionaires have a total net worth of over $100 billion (in descending order): Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and Sweden. The Eastern EU is the only region without a state in the top ten; the Czech Republic, the highest ranked Eastern EU state, ranks eleventh.
Forbes. 2018. "The World's Billionaires List." Accessed October 2, 2018. https://www.forbes.com/billionaires/list/21/#version:static.